“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.” -Lamentations 3:22-23
Every year when a new resort season begins we see this verse come to life in so many ways. We are so thankful for God’s faithfulness and His guidance as we open our resort for it’s 92nd year! 🙂 Each year looks a bit different and we like to bring new experiences and make improvements for our guests, but the foundation of the resort and the hope to give each family a ‘picture perfect vacation’ will never change. Here is what you can look forward to in this 2019 season!
What’s New in 2019?
1. We will be adding a new activity this year. “Fishing time with Joe”. One morning every week, kids can fish with Joe off the dock. Whether this is their first time fishing or they have been doing it for years, they will learn new things and have fun doing it!
2. For several years, we have had a resort wide volleyball game once a week with smores. This year instead of playing volleyball we will have yard games for guests to play. Some of these games include: Spikeball, Bocce ball, Kubb, Kan Jam, and more!
3. We now have another fishing boat option for our guests. It is a 16-foot boat with a 15hp motor. Just one more reason to get out on the lake. 🙂
4. The biggest news of this season is our 20th cabin addition, “Restful Retreat”! We have purchased and fixed up a cozy 2-bedroom cabin that is sure to be a guest favorite. It has its own beautiful outdoor space which is secluded and close to the water.
What’s been improved in 2019?
Every year we make multiple improvements to the resort and this year is no different. Some have been large improvements and others have been small, but we are excited about them all!
1. We have added lights on the decks of some of the cabins to help with better visibility at night. This also adds to the beauty and character of the cabins.
2. Cabin #8 ‘Paradise‘, is wheelchair accessible and this year we built a new ramp leading up to the cabin.
3. The fish house gets an abundance of foot traffic each year as people bring in their catches from the day. This year a new tapered floor was needed, so we put one in.
4. Not only did the fish house need a new floor, but we also replaced the floor in the women’s bathhouse.
5. Our guests love to be on the docks, whether they are fishing, reading, or just looking out at the beautiful view. For this season, we upgraded the benches on the end of the main dock.
6. This year we also installed a new firepit and put in some new deck stairs for Cabin #1 ‘Rest Haven‘.
We feel so blessed to be able to serve God and others in this way. After so many months of the resort being still and silent, we are excited to see it come back to life. It brings us immense joy to see families and their friends spending quality time with one another and making memories that will last a lifetime. It may sound silly, but we have been looking forward to your vacation just as much as you have! We cannot wait to see you here!!!
If you want further information check out our website.